Saturday, February 27, 2010

29)

I started this day very focused on what I wanted to do and where I wanted to finish. I'm not sure where that finish line is, but I know the day is not over. My goal was to finish my "B" section for my ensemble piece. (Section 2 of 7 sections) This was (and is) quite the daunting challenge, but I can say that today is the first day in a long time that I have honestly sat down for 8 hours thinking about this music or other music, but always allowing my mind to be engaged in my work. It is a much different feeling than that of a typical day, where some of my peek hours are cut off by classes. I wrote a total of 180 measures of music (30 measures of 6 instruments), practiced piano, listened to some Schnittke, and studied some film scores. I am excited to continue my endeavors and reap the fruit of what I have sown.

Dinner soon. More to come.

Futhon

No comments:

Post a Comment