Monday, February 1, 2010

16.5)

In a state of flux on almost all my compositions, which isn't good. Hoping to sum up my piece for flute tomorrow so that when I show it to the performer on Wednesday it is complete and ready for thorough examination.

I had my first encounter with a bad review from a "critic" (if such person can be called such). Instead of being the demoralizing thing that I was told it was going to be, I found more strength and resolve in it. Maybe it was their complete lack of knowledge, understanding, or care that caused them to say these words, but regardless I will still finish the piece (did I mention I wasn't even done with the work? haha) and see its'performance. I do not care for the careless words of children (musically speaking) for I am one of them. And the only way for me to grow up is to learn and understand.

With this empowerment I continue to work on the 3 compositions I am currently rushing to complete (with little luck) and hope that the future holds as much luck as my present.

Futhon

No comments:

Post a Comment