Friday, February 12, 2010

22)

Fortunately (but more unfortunately) my composition lesson was canceled today as it was last week. (Hence the unfortunate nature) Daniel (the Saxophonist) was finally practicing and invited me to come listen to him run through the sax solo I have written (and am continuing to write). He played admirably as I sunk further and further into my seat. I was appalled that I had given him the piece. On the first (and only) run through I heard 3 different measures that were not complete in form, harmonies that sounded absolutely horrible, and a complete lack of rhythmic variation. Least to say I walked out of the room, the piece in my hands, (with many scribbles on it) with my tail between my legs. Lesson of the night: Give the performer the piece even if you are not done, this grants you perspective on your compositional abilities. At best I feel like a fool tonight. Composition in the works.

Futhon

No comments:

Post a Comment