Wednesday, February 17, 2010

25)

This book is horrible. I expected something filled with reason, facts, and "science" but instead I've found personal experience, opinion, and jumbled thoughts. Although there have been a few good comments and examples, the majority of what I've read is a mix between academic speak and awkward emotions. If anything this book has left me hesitant on my authority on the subject and has filled me with a even bigger yearning for truth. One would think that a book entitled "Why Classical Music Still Matters" would have some bottom line reason, fixed arguments, and some sort of stoic form. I am not sure what to think for someone more or even less educated than myself, but I know that at this point in my musical training I find this book insightful at times, but mainly long, boring, and an overly tedious read.

Great piano lesson today. I am working through some more interesting "form" ideas. More to come on that subject.

Futhon

No comments:

Post a Comment