Monday, January 18, 2010

6)

Question: when you play your music.... is it all you think about? ... are you happy?

Fuhton: First off, Thank you for asking. This is actually something I have been "thinking" about and examining.

As an artist is it important for me to concentrate and think about my work while I am practicing so that when it comes time for me to make art my body is trained in such a way to make it seem natural, and true enough it must be. So yes, it must consume me and I must consume it. But this does not always happen. My thoughts typically pass through my present ideological state, philosophical state, my future states, and my previous states.

Am I happy? If the reason is right then how can I not be? This is another thing I have been thinking through at the present. Why am I disciplining myself so much? I have found my answer and I am happy about finally convincing myself it is why I do this.

But you are not curious for me alone. Figure your own life Forest. You seem to think you know what you want and what will give you a nice life. But life is a series of unfortunate events that we must smile upon. There is no fairy tale. There are no heroes. Don't do what gives you promise. Do what makes the most sense.

Fuhton

No comments:

Post a Comment