Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2)

Brahms, Kabalevsky, Debussy, Hoffmiester, Schumann. My hands already ache and it's not even 8.00 AM. Lot's of big arpeggios and what not. No wonder I'm so far behind. The Brahms excerices are coming along. #37a will be done by this week thankfully. Kabalevsky...i'm having trouble with the page turn. Somehow the hardest section for me is split between back and front. Debussy...well it's Debussy atm. It'll all flatten out and expose itself as a simple work sooner than later. The high classical of Hoffmiester is something I have not encountered in my usual lessons. Creates quite a problem when I go to play it correctly. Regardless it is slightly better than what it used to be and will continue to be such. Schumann: This will be my biggest challenge all semester. Maybe my Saturday will be dedicated to 1 or 2 of the movements.

I had many queer dreams last night, some while I lied awake thinking about my coffee that was to brew at 6.30. Oh that coffee. While playing I thought of having a different life, getting shot at, and seeing the person I miss the most. The greatest fear I think I'd ever feel is if a gun was being pointed at me. But I do not know...nor do I ever hope to.

In all breakfast in 15 mins and piano lesson in an hour and 15. Busy day.

Fuhton

No comments:

Post a Comment