Tuesday, January 26, 2010

11)

I finally saw the labor of this past week bear fruit. Much came together this morning and only more can come together tomorrow morning as well. Was very excited to start up the Bartok sonatina again and look forward to listening to some of his scores later. I'm having trouble audiating and hearing the tones within the Debussy. I'll have to try it later on a piano with overtones, but the possible explanation is that I am not in tune with the piece yet. This is not good. I'll grab some Debussy with the Bartok.

For some reason I thought about all my encounters with African-Americans. Was not exactly my usual line of thought, but was interested how each situation produced a different thought line in my head. I would prefer not to be quoted here... Other thoughts were on my lack of coffee and tea. Other than that stayed fairly focused.

Spent the majority of last night listening to Mendelssohn and Shostakovich. It was a pleasure to dwell in the minds of a much more formulated mind than mine. More Shostakovich today, along with some Saint-Saens.

Futhon

No comments:

Post a Comment