Thursday, March 18, 2010

36)

I'm currently traveling with a singing group. We have good companionship and good taste, but beyond that we lack desire and motivation.

I have recently been working on some very specific ensemble pieces. The exactness has nothing to do with form, but more with instruments and tonal color. I am using a specific set of instruments: piano, double bass, bari sax, viola, mezzo-soprano, and flute. I am using a specific set of colors: Atonal ideas fed back into tonal music. Creates quite the blend. I am currently working on three different ideas, which means I am working with three different movements of the same work. Hopefully I will not have to start work on a fourth, but music is a mysterious thing, even more so for a person who lives with it everyday.

If you would like some quirky sound bites please email me at nicholas.smith@my.bbc.edu .

Futhon

No comments:

Post a Comment