Wednesday, March 3, 2010

32)

As I work through two movements of this piece I am first overwhelmed by the amount of music that I want to write and am writing, but can never find the time to put down on paper. The relation of volume to quality is a very big "key" that I seem to be missing. I can pump out music like nobody's business, but its' quality is incredibly poor. With these pieces I still have 4 weeks to prepare them and it will take all 4 weeks for them to be ready. So far only 2 pieces are underway, but I trust that they will form themselves soon and bend themselves to my ear. I am the cause of this musical field and I must ensure its' security, originality, validity, punctuality, possibilities, program, and existence. If I am not ready to be accountable for every note, then I must delete every note.

On another note, I am beginning to hear music more clearly in my ear. A healthy dose of purposeful listening, writing, and playing has ensured this.

Work.

Futhon

No comments:

Post a Comment