Monday, March 1, 2010

31)

This mornings practice went well. Enjoyed playing Kabalevsky and Barkok. Finally feel like I am playing the piano again vs. practicing the piano. A much nicer and more needed feeling. Looking forward to what this week hold musically and emotionally.

Since I was finally playing my mind wandered over my present life and everything going on in it.

Currently I am writing a piece for small ensemble. This is turning into a massive piece (3 movs). But much, much more than that this piece (I am realizing) is going to be the basis my harmonic, rhythmic, and formal language for the next 5-10 years. This piece is the beginning of a well thought out musical dialogue with the world. Hopefully the out come is good, but who knows.

My life is being overtaken by this piece, not that I mind, so I am trying to keep myself balanced with an appropriate amount of social time. So far so good.

Hopefully you listened to the Gorecki.

Futhon

No comments:

Post a Comment